Reviewing The Best Organic Fertilizer – Choose Quality Products
Does a plant grow and bloom beautifully without an effort from your side? Of course, no in most cases. You need to add the organic fertilizer in the right amount to ensure proper growth of plants. Almost all plant species need nutrients, and some of them are present in the soil. However, for a perfect combination of nutrients, you play the most important role. As one of the enthusiastic gardeners, you know the importance of organic fertilizing. Thus, you may purchase the commercially available fertilizers for bountiful harvests. Now, we have found the best organic fertilizer packages from reliable brands. Have a look at the review of these fertilizers.
Top 5 Organic Fertilizers
Worm Castings Organic Fertilizer
- Organic fertilizer - pure earthworm castings
- Excellent for houseplants, vegetables, flowers and more
- Non-toxic and odor free
- Just a handful will make your plants happy
You can choose Earthworm castings as the best organic fertilizer to grow plants in your backyard. Apart from feeding the plant castings, this product helps in refining the overall soil composition and structure. When your garden soil has clay and sand, you may choose earworm castings.
This Pure Worm Casting is the best vegetable garden fertilizer. Add a little amount of this fertilizer to your plants for prolific growth. You can choose this fertilizer for both indoor and outdoor gardening.
You know that earthworms feed on organic materials, containing trace elements and minerals. The digestion of these materials can result in physical and chemical transformation. Thus, we can ultimately find super humus best for the growth of roots.
Earthworm castings can be beneficial with water-soluble nutrients. When you have applied Wiggle Worm Soil Builder, your plants absorb trace elements and nutrients very fast. As earthworms grind and blend these nutrients thoroughly, they become easily absorbable. Obviously, it is one of the reasons, for which this product is different from other natural fertilizers. Your plants will get an optimum level of nutrition from earthworm castings.
- No bad odor
- No harmful content
- All-purpose fertilizer
- Plants can absorb it easily
- Best fertilizer for sandy soil
- Not good for rose plants
Burpee Organic Bone Meal Fertilizer
- Why bone meal? - provides vital Organic nitrogen, phosphorus and calcium
- Strong roots, vibrant blooms - promotes strong roots, vibrant blooms and more delicious vegetables
- When TO treat - early-season addition of phosphorus to soil will promote strong root development, enhance early growth, and superior blossoms and fruit at harvest time. May be added at to soil any time prior to harvesting to enhance plant growth
- The earlier the better - Boosts young plants and helps them stay strong throughout the growing season
- Ideal for fall bulb planting - promotes healthy growth of root crops and other vegetables
Bone meal, containing a high amount of calcium, nitrogen, and phosphorous, is effective to make the root system healthier. When you are looking for the best bone meal, you may choose this product from Burpee. Most of the gardeners have found stronger roots and lots of blooms due to the application of this fertilizer.
However, you will not get the desired result without knowing the right technique and best season to add the fertilizer. Gardening professionals think that the early season is the perfect time to enrich the soil with phosphorus. Young plants will sprout at a better and faster rate for the use of this natural fertilizer. During the harvesting season, you may apply it as the best fertilizer for raspberries and other fruits.
The fertilizer starts breaking down slowly, and thus, it releases nitrogen to the soil. In due course, you will notice a robust growth of plants. There is no risk of burning your plant. You can buy Burpee bone meal to cultivate peppers, tomatoes, and other bulb crops. However, to get the best result, you may combine this bone meal and blood meal.
- Phosphorus-rich fertilizer
- Perfect for root growth
- No burning problem to plants
- Slight smelly
Golden Tree: Best Plant Food For Plants & Trees
- FOR ANY PLANT: Our Golden Tree formula helps activate enzymes that promote photosynthesis in any plant, tree, flower, or bush. Increase your yield quality and quantity with this all-purpose soil food additive. Whether you have sick crops, wilting flowers, or dying trees, this is the fertilizer that you need!
- GROW METHOD COMPATIBLE: No matter what grow method you’re using, Humboldts Secret Golden Tree solution will help rescue dying plants, feed growing plants, and revitalize struggling plants. It’s designed to be compatible in all mediums — hydroponics, aeroponics, coco, DWC, soil, and every other type of growing method.
- ESSENTIAL NUTRIENTS: Golden Tree can help provide essential nutrients to your garden that it isn’t getting now. Our formula contains a mixture of amino acids, kelp, carbs, and minerals. It can be used in conjunction with other additives and fertilizers or as the only additive.
- MAXIMIZE RESULTS: When used 1 – 3 times per week as suggested, Golden Tree can help increase root development, optimize photosynthesis, and increase yields and flowering sites. This is the all-in-one solution you need for herbs, vegetables, house plants, or garden flowers.
- SMALL & STRONG: Our 2-ounce solution makes up to 55 gallons of an easy-to-use additive solution to feed your plants. With Golden Tree, you can decrease vegetation time by up to 50% and increase yields by up to 20%. This is a professional-quality fertilizer that can transform any home garden and give anyone a green thumb!
When you are looking for professional quality organic, you can choose Golden Tree from Humboldts Secret. This Golden Tree comes with a unique formula, which works for a range of plant species. It is effective for activating enzymes to promote the process of photosynthesis in bushes, flower plants and other trees. You will find a considerable increase in yield in terms of both quantity and quality. As the soil needs foods, you can choose this natural fertilizer. The Golden Tree fertilizer solves lots of problems, including dying plants, wilting flowers, and sick crops.
You must read the instructions in the package to apply the fertilizer in a proper amount. For your flower plants, you may use 2 to 5 ml per gallon. Similarly, for your vegetable plants, you need to apply 1 to 2 ml per gallon. Still, we think it to be safe to test the product with the use of a small amount. A high amount of fertilizer can burn your plants.
However, while using the fertilizer in hydroponics, you may add a little amount of enzyme. You have to fertilize the plants at least one to three times every week.
- Highly potent
- Low-priced solution
- Low quality container
Super Juice All-in-One Soluble Lawn Fertilizer Supplement
- New Improved Formula with 4% Iron !
- Super Juice Lawn Fertilizer is the first ALL-IN-ONE, complete, balanced, lawn fertilizer that comes in a dry mix. Simply add to water and use a hose-end sprayer apply to your lawn.
- Super Juice can be applied in a 14-2-4 ratio for a full acre of lawn, or most use it at half strength in a 7-1-2 ratio, and it treats two full acres. NO waste products or bio waste.
- One bag of Super Juice will treat ONE ACRE* or 43,560 sq ft of lawn at the full concentration rate
- Cannot be shipped to South Dakota and California
If you are looking for the best organic fertilizer for lawn, you can invest in this product. When you have created a fertilizer program for your lawn, Super Juice will work as one of the supplements. For your small lawn, it is the most effective fertilizer with a balanced proportion of ingredients. Some buyers have chosen it for their golf courses.
The iron content in this lawn fertilizer is about 4%. Other ingredients includenitrogen (14%), phosphorus (2%), copper (1%), sulfer (3.72%), iron(2.5%), magnesium (1%), manganese (1.5%), humic acid(1.9%), and zinc (2%).When you have a lawn of 43,560 square feet, you can apply the fertilizer at a full concentration rate.
Most of the lawn surfaces have ridges, bumps, slopes, and undulations. Heavy rainfall can melt away granulars to convert them to a liquid that ultimately reaches to the shallow regions. Thus, deposits of fertilizer can leave streaks on the lawn. However, with Super Juice, you will not encounter this issue, and you will find a consistent coat on the lawn.
- Makes your lawn dark green
- Soluble supplement
- No biowaste
- High priced
Jobe’s Organics 09524 Purpose Granular Fertilizer
- Organic granular fertilizer; Fast acting fertilizer for flowers, vegetables, shrubs, trees & plants
- OMRI listed for organic gardening by USDA; Certified organic means no synthetic chemicals
- Contains Jobe’s Biozomethe proprietary microorganism archaea that aggressively breaks down material for faster results
- Jobe’s Biozome improves soil conditions, helps resist disease, insects, and drought during the growing season
- Easy pour bag; Guaranteed analysis: (4-4-4) 1.5 pound resealable bag, (4-4-4) 4 pound bag, (4-4-4) 16 pound bag
When you prefer buying eco-friendly solution for gardening, you can choose Organics Granular fertilizer from Jobe. With Biozome, Jobe has made this fertilizer different from other organic composts. Biozome blends a variety of microorganisms, including mycorrhizal fungi, bacteria, and Archaea. These microorganisms help in breaking down complicated materials into basic forms of nutrients. You will find faster results in your flower plants, vegetable plants, and shrubs.
Moreover, Jobe’s fertilizer is very easy-to-use, as you may apply it manually or with a spreader. A proper application will help in resisting insects, diseases, and drought conditions. What’s more, the fertilizer can refine your soil quality. The manufacturers have not used chemicals that burn your plants. You will get long-term benefits from using this fertilizer. For these reasons, you may choose the product as the quality organic food for your plants.
- Packed in resealable, waterproof bags
- Pet-friendly and kid-friendly product
- Develops a healthy ecosystem
- A certified OMRI-listed product
- Slightly hard to dissolve in water
What To Look For In The Best Organic Fertilizer
Without the right choice of fertilizers, you cannot get the desired results. That is why we have presented you with a guide for buying the quality one.
The best organizer is available in different types.
- Fish meal- It contains phosphorus, nitrogen, trace elements, and potassium.
- Blood meal- It can release nitrogen and trace elements.
- Animal manures- You can find a high amount of microorganisms in these manures.
- Shellfish meal- This fertilizer contains micronutrients, phosphorus, nitrogen, and calcium.
- Rock phosphate- It is the best fertilizer for blooms, and thus, you need to buy it for the flower garden.
To purchase the organic fertilizer, you can focus on a number of factors-
Type of soil
Sand, clay, and loam or holy grail- these are three ways in which we can categorize the soil. However, in most cases, our garden soil has a combination of sand and clay. While clay soil is highly fertile, it causes drainage problems. Based on the type and nature of the soil, you need to pick the right fertilizer.
Organic fertilizers, available in dry powder form, have only ingredient (steamed bone meal, blood meal, greensand) or a combination of potassium, nitrogen, phosphorus, and micronutrients. You can choose a dry fertilizer for your flowering plants to increase the number of bloom. Moreover, this fertilizer helps in the development of strong roots.
Most of the plants have the capability of absorbing liquid fertilizers through stomata and roots. You may apply this liquid solution to the leaves and soil. In fact, during drought and after transplanting, you can use the liquid fertilizer. Thus, look for the best liquid organic fertilizer with a commercial blend.
Liquid versions act faster than that of the dry ones. For instance, during the late summer season. You can prefer the liquid solution as the best organic fertilizer for the vegetable garden.
Check out the NPK
NPK refers to the macronutrient blend of phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen. While buying fertilizer, you can find some numbers on the package. It indicates the percentage of elements. For instance, the ratio 4-6-2 denotes 4% of nitrogen, 6% of phosphorus, and 2% of potassium. Nitrogen promotes vegetative growth, while phosphorus help with the development of fruits, flowers, roots, and seeds. Potassium can make the stem sturdier and resistant to diseases. Secondary macronutrients of fertilizers are sulfur, magnesium, and calcium, and they are available in varying amounts.
Blends or single ingredient- Which is the better choice?
Everything depends on the needs of your plants. Fertilizers with a single ingredient are useful while your plants are developing into a mature one. For instance, you may choose a feather meal for your heavy feeding plants, like corn, to enrich them with nitrogen. Similarly, you can buy phosphorus-filled fertilizer for beautiful blooms.
Fertilizers with blends of different macronutrients serve the general purposes of your garden. You can invest in them for your houseplants.
The multipurpose blends are the perfect choice for most of the gardeners to save time.
What is organic fertilizer? Why is it better than synthetic ones?
Organic fertilizers are animal-derived or plant-derived products. You will also find mineral resources to stimulate plant growth and increase soil fertility. Organic and natural fertilizers maintain the best soil health. However, chemical-based synthetic fertilizers can cause depletion of soil microorganisms. The buildup salts can damage microbes. These fertilizers can leach into canals, resulting in the creation of dead zones.
Conversely, organic fertilizers serve different purposes by providing plant nutrients, feeding microbes, and optimizing the growing conditions.
Which vegetable plants need a good amount of fertilizer?
The heavy feeding ones are broccoli, cabbage, celery, cauliflower, cucumber, leeks, kale, lettuce, peppers, spinach, tomato, squash, pumpkin, and melon. On the other hand, the light feeding ones are beet, bean, carrot, pea, onion, potato, turnip, and radish.
Each type of fertilizer has different effects. How do I know that?
Animal manures are best for promoting your soil conditions, while alfalfa meal and blood meal accelerate the composting process. Coconut coir works perfectly for loosening clay soil, whereas colloidal rock phosphate helps in binding sanding soil. A bone meal with phosphate rocks can make your plant roots healthier and stronger.
My pet has a chance to eat my fertilizer. What will I do?
You can look for fertilizers that are pet-friendly and do not have harmful chemicals. Pets do not have self-controlling ability, and while they find something tasty, they can consume it instantly.
How do I know that I have chosen the wrong amount of nutrients for my plants?
A very high amount of nitrogen can show some symptoms, like the growth of dark green foliage, burnt leaf, and no blossoms. Too little amount of nitrogen makes the plant leaves yellow.
Lack of phosphorus makes the leaf color red, purple, and green. Stunted growth is another symptom of phosphorous deficiency.
Now, you can easily find the best organic fertilizer for your flowering plants, vegetable plants, shrubs, and lawns. The reliable organic fertilizer packages will ensure the highest level of yields. The industrially produced synthetic fertilizer may harm your plants. That’s why you can rely on the organic version of fertilizer. The commercially available organic fertilizers have the proper amount of nutrients. Your plants will grow at a faster rate, and you will find the best result from your efforts.